Search This Blog

Friday, September 30, 2016

Behold My Servant (Day 43)

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.
Behold My Servant, whom I uphold; My Elect, in whom My soul delights. I have put My Spirit upon Him; He shall bring forth judgment to the nations. He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause His voice to be heard in the street. A bruised reed He shall not break, and a smoking wick He shall not quench; He shall bring forth judgment to truth. He shall not fail nor be discouraged until He has set judgment in the earth; and the coasts shall wait for His Law. (Isaiah 42:1-4)
This is a description of Jesus absolutely. But, as I am being conformed to the same image (Romans 8:29) it is also a pattern for me.

The promises or encouragements at the beginning are amazing;

Behold My Servant, whom I uphold; My Elect, in whom My soul delights. I have put My Spirit upon Him; He shall bring forth judgment to the nations.

Surely these are the promises of God; to uphold, to delight and to anoint with His spirit in order to bring forth His righteous judgement to all nations. Truly these things are wonderful, but then I see that the pattern for me is what follows. In the New Living translation, it looks like this;

He will not shout or raise his voice in public. He will not crush the weakest reed or put out a flickering candle. He will bring justice to all who have been wronged. He will not falter or lose heart until justice prevails throughout the earth. Even distant lands beyond the sea will wait for his instruction.

As I look at this passage I see a description of what it means to be meek. Apparently a mild and gentle nature maintained by and covering strength. Strength to do God’s will. 

Father in Heaven, Thank you so very much for this beautiful passage that is a wonderful picture of Jesus and a tremendous encouragement to me. Here is a pattern I can look to every day until it becomes a description of me as well. That I might be a reflection of the glory that is in Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment