Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Do Not Be Arrogant (day 34)

Did you notice that Paul did not say to condemn the one who was sinning? Rather he said;

You are so proud of yourselves, but you should be mourning in sorrow and shame. And you should remove this man from your fellowship. (1 Corinthians 5:2 NLT)

This speaks to me about me. When I see someone openly sinning, my inclination is to condemn them. I don’t curse them (I’m too self-righteous for that). But I often have a comment. “Did you see that?” “He should know better.” “That kind of people make me angry.” Maybe you have a way of expressing your condemnation.

Paul says, “You are so proud of yourselves, but you should be mourning.”
In all of the condemning and judging things I have said over the years I have never really found comfort. I have never found any satisfaction.

In Romans 6:23 it says that “The wages of sin is death.” That person that I see sinning is working death in their own life. That person is someone that God wants to come to salvation. Isn’t that sad? Shouldn’t I be mourning? This is the mind of Christ and I need to think with this new mind. I need to be transformed by the renewing of my mind.

Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.


Father in Heaven thank you for this word of salvation. Please father in heaven help me to hold this word in my heart and nourish it until it grows and brings forth fruit that is pleasing to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment