Search This Blog

Monday, September 12, 2016

Makes Sense to Me (day 25)


Wisdom has built her house, She has hewn out her seven pillars. (Proverbs 9:1)

I asked Jesus to be my savior when I was 12 in a Quaker church on McCreight Ave. in Springfield Ohio. About 15 or so years ago a man read this verse in a meeting and asked, “What are the 7 pillars of wisdom?” Then he sat down.

That was a turning point in my life and the thing that has led to my focus on discipleship and this series of devotional thoughts.

I left that meeting with that question unanswered. “What are the 7 pillars of wisdom?” After some serious prayer, thought and asking some that I had confidence in, I came to an answer that has continued to change my life to this day, and I am sure will continue until I step into eternity.

Jesus began the “Sermon on the Mount” with 9 blessings. The first 7 are virtues that I can implant in my heart (Js. 1:21; Psalms 119:11). And I have found that, with regular attention, they will grow and affect every area of my life.

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of Heaven.
Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.
Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.
Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
Blessed are the peace makers, for they shall be called the sons of God.


Wonderful Father, Your Word truly is a lamp to keep me from stumbling and a light to show me the way to go. By your word discern the thoughts and intentions of my heart and show me the work I must do there. Thank you so very much that I can expose myself to you, truly I am always exposed to you. Thank you that that knowledge does not need to be a terror to me but a comfort. Thank you that your will is Always and Only for my good. In Jesus lovely name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment