Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Choose To Obey (day 27)

Blessed are the poor in spirit. Theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven.
In Genesis 3 God shows us how the problem all started. It had very little to do with physical fruit. It had everything to do with self-will and pride. The master salesman (Satan) put in his strongest and most compelling pitch at the end and the woman was hooked. Genesis 3:5 says;

for God knows that in the day you eat of it, then your eyes shall be opened, and you shall be as God, knowing good and evil.

So many times, I have known what the will of God says, and have chosen to go another way and do what I believed would make me happy, satisfied, comfortable. Then I have had the temerity to argue with God when I was caught, explaining the reasons I chose to go the other way. As though I thought I could reason my way out of the consequences with my side of the story, just like in this story.

Sometimes I manage to apply this blessing to my life. This happens when I see that the thing I am thinking about doing is not in line with the Will of God. When I choose God’s Will over my will, then I have entered into this blessing.

God is much greater than my logic and understanding. His Word and His Will show me the way to true blessings. Many people have prospered and gained earthly power by other means. I want to choose God’s blessings by submitting to His Will to the best of my ability.

How about you?


Father in Heaven, you are the creator of everything. You wrote the laws that govern the universe into every atom. All around I see others who prosper in this world by other means. I need grace, Father, to see the blessings of the kingdom of Heaven. I need grace to choose your will over my own. Help me Father to follow Jesus and say, “Not my will but Your Will oh Lord.” Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment