Search This Blog

Sunday, September 11, 2016

According to Design (day 24)

One version of the Bible that I use from time to time gives this translation of Romans 8:29.

Because those of whom he had knowledge before they came into existence, were marked out by him to be made like his Son, so that he might be the first among a band of brothers:

For me this might be the most exciting verse in God’s Word. Since I believe that God knows everything, even things that haven’t happened yet. I believe he knows everybody, even those who haven’t been born, even those whose grandparents haven’t been born. I believe this verse applies to everyone who ever has and ever will live.

Everyone everywhere for ever has been marked out, planned, designed, predestined to be made like his son, Jesus.

I like to think of it by comparison kind of like a flat bladed screw driver. Now the flat bladed screw driver was designed to do one thing, turn flat bladed screws. But I have used them to punch holes, pry lids, chisel wood and clean my fingernails plus maybe some more things. I hope you get the picture. The flat bladed screw driver was designed for 1 thing. People use them for many other things.

We were designed for 1 thing. But because of our own rebellious will we have chosen to try to find satisfaction in many other things. It just won’t work.

We were designed to be the sons and daughters of God. To be like Jesus.


I absolutely believe that this is true for everyone! But each of us has to come to his/her own conclusion about this. That is free will. I also believe that my biggest problem is how I think about things. That is why I need to get my mind renewed, to think correctly. That is a lot of what this is about. 

Holy Father in Heaven, I thank you from the depths of my heart that Your Will for me is only good. Please help me to have my eyes open to see that truth throughout my days. Give me grace to receive your word implanted in my heart so that I might be transformed into the image of Jesus, in His wonderful name I pray. 

No comments:

Post a Comment