Search This Blog

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Life is a Journey Through a Jungle (day 31)

Blessed are the poor in Spirit. For theirs is the kingdom of Heaven.

This is the key to everything. Yes, Jesus is the way the truth and the life and no man can come to the Father except by him. But no one will come to Jesus until he is fully convinced that he is destitute of any ability for any kind of true life.

I must have this one thing absolutely burning in my consciousness,

For I am conscious that in me, that is, in my flesh, there is nothing good: I have the mind but not the power to do what is right. (Romans 7:18)

And the moment I drift away from this consciousness is the moment I begin to drift away from Jesus.

If I were to go to a treacherous jungle of every imaginable danger, and I must go through that jungle, I would be very thankful and attentive to a guide who knew the way. For surely if I did not give him my full attention my life would end in ruin.

Life is that treacherous jungle with traps and snares all around. Jesus has gone this way before us and does know the way. He can lead me to the good end that he has planned for me and he can show me how to be free from the snares that already entrap me if I will only listen and behold.

Then I come to the Kingdom of Heaven and it is mine. I have a place there.


Faithful Father in Heaven, thank you so very much that you show me my need, my emptiness of anything that is worthwhile, but you do not leave me hopeless. Instead you have given me a pioneer and guide to show me the way to you. If I will listen and behold, if I will hear and obey you will welcome me into the kingdom and I will have a place there. Thank you that this is your will for me, in Jesus. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment