Search This Blog

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Building one upon the last (day 38)

Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted
As I have looked at these virtues over a few years one thing that I have noticed is that each one builds upon the last. Also as I have thought about this I noticed that I have never exhausted any of the virtues. I can always go back and start at the beginning again. When I do I find more and more that God wants to teach me.

John A. Wilson was my preacher growing up. A couple of years ago I had the opportunity to visit with him in his home. He was 99 years young and still very sharp. When I told him how valuable I had found the blessings to be, he said, “You’ll never get to the end of them.” I believe he was right.

This is the end of the second week of looking at the blessings. Take a few minutes to look at the 2 we have considered. Look at the virtue required. Consider your own life and how you measure up. Look at the blessings and consider how you have seen God prove himself true in proportion to your faithfulness. He is always far ahead of my faithfulness in providing blessings. Then consider how the second built upon the first. 

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of Heaven.

Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted.

Typing “Amen” on Facebook will not get you any blessings, but working with God’s Word will bring you to all sorts of blessings.

Father of blessings open my eyes to see and my mind to understand more of what you want to do in me so that I can be being changed into the image of Jesus (2 Corinthians 3:18). Let me learn faithfulness as I work to cause your word to sink into my heart. For yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory for ever and ever. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment