Search This Blog

Friday, September 16, 2016

God Knows More than Me (day 29)

Blessed are the poor in spirit. For theirs is the kingdom of Heaven.

Being poor in spirit is simply understanding that God knows more than me. Therefore, when an instruction I find in His Word doesn’t line up with my thinking, I am wrong.
For instance, God’s word says;

I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; (1 Timothy 2:1-2a)

I would be surprised to find anyone who doesn’t have an opinion about someone. This exhortation from God’s Word tells me that it applies to ALL MEN, even the ones I have an opinion about. Especially the ones I have an opinion about.
When Paul wrote to Titus he gave us this exhortation (Titus 3:1-2a)

Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work, To speak evil of no man,

For me it is extremely good to see where I need to work to be conformed to the image of Jesus. This is one of those areas.


Father of blessings, you hold all things for all time before your eyes in the palm of your hand. You see my heart more clearly than I know it myself. You see my opinions and thoughts. Help me Father by your spirit to align my heart with yours, that I might be found suitable for this blessing. In the blessed name of Jesus who went this way before me to show the way. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment