Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

The Key to Everything (day 26)

Blessed are the poor in spirit! For theirs is the kingdom of Heaven.

This is the key to everything!

I have found no way to proceed in the kingdom of Heaven without starting here.

Jesus says, “I tell you the truth, anyone who does not receive the Kingdom of God like a child will never enter it.” (Mark 10:15)
A child is completely dependent upon his parents. As a child of God I must recognize that I am completely dependent upon my Heavenly Father for everything.

In the world, even in the religious world, a person can accomplish quite a bit without looking to God. But buildings and fortunes mean nothing in the Kingdom of God.

Jesus says: “I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.” (John 5:30)
God’s Word has absolutes that I need to take seriously. “Nothing” is an absolute. Nothing is sterile. Nothing is completely empty. Jesus says “I can of my own self do NOTHING.”


Father in Heaven, thank you so very much for this clear revelation of how I must think if I am to make any progress in Your Kingdom. Jesus is my example. He has gone THIS way before me. If I desire to follow Him THIS is the way I must go also. Please my Father, burn this word into my heart, set it always in front of my mind. As I learn to follow the Good Shepherd, Jesus. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment