Search This Blog

Friday, September 9, 2016

Fill my Heart with God's Word (day 22)

Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word. With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments. Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. (Psalms 119:9-11)

Yesterday we looked at delighting in the Law of the Lord and briefly about meditating on it day and night. This passage speaks of cleansing our way, hiding Gods word in my heart and avoiding sinning.

“That I might not sin against thee.” Might not sin: Think about that. Does that sound like something you would like to do? Think of the angry words you speak, or of the hateful thoughts you entertain or of the… you name it. Do you have an interest is not sinning? I do.

God’s Word shows me the way. Hide God’s word in my heart. This is more than memorizing Bible verses. But that is the first step. I must memorize verses that come against the sin that I allow into my heart which then comes out of my body, then I have to meditate on that Word of God until it finds a place in my heart. This is how I hide God’s Word in my heart.

As my heart (that place where I like it) begins to fill up with God’s Laws, there is not room for the lusts and desires that cause me sorrow and hurt others. This is how I cleanse my way.

This is not an instant cure. But it is a sure cure.


Father in heaven thank you for showing me the way to come into victory, to stop hurting the ones I love and to begin loving those that you love. This is not going to be easy but your word tells me that this is what you desire for me. Thank you that I can know you will be near to help me as I begin this cleansing work. Thank you for Jesus who pioneered this way for me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment