Search This Blog

Saturday, September 24, 2016

Nothing Else is Appropriate (day 37)

Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.
I believe God has put a burden on my heart to promote discipleship wherever and however I can. I desire to be a good and acceptable disciple of Jesus. I believe that means that I am to learn and teach others to observe all the things that Jesus commanded (Matthew 28:20). So that we each may be becoming more and more like Jesus. (2 Corinthians 3:18)

I have a little book of names of people that God has given me to pray for. Some of those people have turned their back on God. Some of those people have never turned to God. Some of those people have done hurtful things to others in that same little book. Some of those people have stumbled in sin and are struggling to get up again. (2 Peter 3:9)

As I see their names, as I am learning to intercede, my only appropriate response before God, is to mourn.

There are others on my little list who seem to be satisfied to be in church, but content with themselves with no thought of being conformed to the image of Jesus.

As I am learning of the amazing things God wants to do in the lives of those who follow Jesus (Ephesians 1:18, 1 Corinthians 2:9). As I look at these other names once again I am led to mourn.

I am led to mourn because this is the command of God. I am led to mourn because the only alternative is to judge and criticize, and that makes me an enemy of God. I am led to mourn because finding myself in agreement with the God of all creation is a great comfort.

Father of mercy, God of compassion I need grace to walk in this way. I thank you that your word tells me that at your throne I can find grace to help in the time of need. Here I am Lord boldly and confidently coming to you for help to live the life I was designed to live. May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in your sight oh Lord my strength and my redeemer. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment