Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Tear Up the Temple (day 40)

Blessed are the meek; for they shall inherit the earth.

This blessing has given me more trouble that any of the others mostly just to understand what it is telling me. But one thing I am pretty sure about is, that it does not involve being weak or timid. Look at what we can read about Jesus in John 2:14-17.

And He found in the temple those who sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the money-changers sitting. And when He had made a scourge of small cords, He drove them all out of the temple, also the sheep and the oxen. And He poured out the money-changers' money and overthrew the tables. And He said to those who sold doves, Take these things away from here. Do not make My Father's house a house of merchandise. And His disciples remembered that it was written, "The zeal of Your house has eaten Me up."

How many times have I read this and thought about going into the church and stirring up all kinds of trouble, because I know they are doing it wrong? Maybe I’m the only one. But when I ask and seek and knock, I hear a different answer from 1 Corinthians 6:19 & 20.

Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit in you, whom you have of God? And you are not your own, for you are bought with a price. Therefore, glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's.

Oh!

Can I learn from this? It is not what is pleasant for me to think about, because I have not been so diligent here.

I suspect that to be meek involves being interested in receiving instruction and then living according to that instruction.

Father in Heaven I need grace to hear and obey what your word is teaching me here. Give me grace to see the condition of my heart and then to humble myself, to mourn and then to listen and obey your wonderful instructions for life. In Jesus name and for His glory, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment