Search This Blog

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Walking on Water (day 30)

Blessed are the poor in spirit. For theirs is the kingdom of Heaven.
Here is part of a conversation a friend shared that she had with her young son.

Son: Did you know that if you look God in the eye, you can go in the deep end of the pool and you won't drown?
Me: (feeling alarmed): Where did you hear that?!?
Son: Well, Jesus did it. He looked God in the eye and he walked on water. So that's what you do if you want to walk on water.

I’m not sure about the walking on water thing, but I am sure that there is a lot that God would love to do with me if I would just look into his laws and keep them. Consider what Jesus says in John 14.

He who has My commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves Me. And he who loves Me shall be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will reveal Myself to him. (John 14:21)
And
Jesus answered and said to him, “If a man loves Me, he will keep My Word. And My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him.” (vs. 23)

This is surely just a glimpse of what Jesus meant when he said, “For theirs is the kingdom of Heaven.” Paul also expressed it very well in 1 Corinthians 2:9

But as it is written, "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard," nor has it entered into the heart of man, "the things which God has prepared for those who love Him."

It is good to look at the promises of God, but we must always realize that there are conditions that are imposed on us. The conditions are not punishment but training to help us to become more like Jesus.


Take a few moments to think about these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment