Search This Blog

Saturday, October 22, 2016

Where No One Sees (day 65)

Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
There is so much to be done, seen and said in this world that God our Heavenly Father desires for us. We try to do things for God and in Jesus name but from our own flesh. So much of that is wasted effort, only producing popular programs, entertainment.

Building my life on the virtues that we see in the first 7 blessings is changing me on the inside; truly in my heart.

The apostle Paul saw how serious this matter is when he wrote in Ephesians 6:12;

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

When I fail to see how serious this is, I play right into the enemy’s hand. I begin to do things his way. I begin to fight according to the flesh, with rules and behavior modification ideas. At that moment I am losing.

Working on outward things will only create an appearance of godliness. If I concentrate on the things that are inward, then I begin to make real progress.

In 2 Corinthians 10 Paul gives a clear picture of where and how I must work in verses 3-5.

For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;


It is the things that stand in the way of knowing God that I must be fighting in my own life, the way that God has prescribed.

No comments:

Post a Comment