Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

No zap Flash BANG for me (day 62)

Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
How can I get a Pure Heart? How can I remove all of the little idol shelves in my heart so that there is no place for lust to find a welcome?

Many people like to quote 2 Corinthians 5:17 as the simple answer to these questions.

So that if anyone is in Christ, that one is a new creature; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

I cannot tell you how much I wish it was that simple. Pray the “sinner’s prayer”, go get baptized and ZAP, FLASH, BANG you’re a new creature. All the old bad stuff is gone and you are walking in the light.

It hasn’t worked that way for me. The way I have found is the way I have been talking about for the last several years. The way I have found in God’s Word. I am only learning it myself but I believe it is the way. I believe God is leading me this way.

Absolutely, I must come to the foot of the cross and admit my wretchedness and ask God to forgive and accept me and give me the gift of a new birth into His kingdom. I must obey the commands to repent and be baptized. Then I must learn to walk in this new life.

Have you noticed that from Acts to Revelation, “born again” Christians are exhorted again and again to live the life that they were called to live?  

David said, “Thy word have I hid in my heart, that I might not sin against thee.” I am learning to fill all those places where lust, anger, demands and all sorts of willfulness have found a home, to fill those places in my heart with God’s Word.

It’s working.


Wonderful Father in Heaven, Thank you for the gift to be able to call you Father. Thank you that your word truly is a lamp for my feet and a light for my path. By it you can keep me from stumbling and you can lead me in the way I should go. Open the eyes of my understanding to treasure your word above all earthly riches. That you may be glorified, in Jesus name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment