Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

God's Peace is for Everyone (day 68)

Blessed are the peace makers for they shall be called the children of God
Jesus is the Prince of Peace. He has come to me (as he has to many) with peace and comfort.

Some have taught that, when God looks at me, He sees Jesus. He doesn’t see my sin. I don’t think this understanding is helpful or true. When God and Jesus look at me they see my sin clearly and still they love me.

Because of that wonderful love, God’s Love, even when I charge off and become critical, when I make myself a judge, when my flesh rises up and I give it control, when I stumble and fall, I still come to myself and say I must return to my Father’s house. Without God’s love calling me back I would never think of that, I would be lost forever.

When I have come to God to repent, to beg forgiveness and ask for mercy and grace, He has never met me with condemnation. He has always met me with mercy. That mercy has often had correction and the rod of discipline with it, but it is always mercy. Because of this great mercy we have peace with God.

God my Father is always merciful and will always be merciful to any who come to him for mercy. His mercy is always for my good that I might become more like Jesus.

I can see God’s great mercy toward myself and his word tells me of His mercy for all in 2 Peter 3:9;

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some count slackness; but is longsuffering to you-ward, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

If I am to be his disciple, If I am to be conformed to his image, if I am to be a peace maker, I must find grace to embrace this will in my heart. Jesus tells me;

A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh. (Matthew 6:45)


No comments:

Post a Comment