Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Righteousness Without The Law (day 48)

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness for they shall be filled.
As we look at this blessing I am probably not the only one to think of Romans 3:10;

…as it is written: “There is none righteous, no not one; there is none that understands there is none that seeks after God.”
But this is the righteousness that is achieved by full compliance with the law. There is another righteousness which is attainable. Further down in Romans 3:21-22 it says;

But now a righteousness of God has been revealed apart from Law, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets; even the righteousness of God through the faith of Jesus Christ, toward all and upon all those who believe. For there is no difference,

Here is righteousness that is available to “all those who believe” The righteousness of God through the faith of Jesus Christ.

I believe that we are redeemed by faith in Jesus Christ and what he did by living a life apart from sin and dying on the cross. I also believe that this may be something a little different. In this translation it says “the faith of Jesus Christ.” We can also see this phrase in Galatians 2:20 in the King James Version.

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless, I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

And so, as I am being conformed to the image of His son (Romans 8:29) I am learning to live by the same faith that guided Jesus’ life. “Not my will but thine be done, Oh Lord.” I truly desire this, I am hungry for this. God promises he will satisfy my hunger; He will fill me up.


Wonderful Heavenly Father, thank you for this encouragement once again to be learning to follow Jesus so that I might become more and more like him. (2 Corinthians 3:18) 

No comments:

Post a Comment