Search This Blog

Sunday, October 23, 2016

A Pure Heart in This Moment (day 66)

Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God.
All of what I have said is as true as I can comprehend. Yet, in the final analysis all that I can do will absolutely fall short. I must do the things that I read in God’s Word. I must do what I hear the Spirit say in my heart as it agrees with God’s Word. After I have done all that I have been commanded to do then I can only say, “I am an unprofitable servant, I have only done what it is my duty to do.” (Luke 17:10)

But God in His unimaginable mercy longs to give me that pure heart that I must have to be able to see him.

When I have done all that I can do, I see that I am still not measuring up. I am still lacking. But God, my Heavenly Father will give me, in this moment that pure heart that I desire. In this moment if I will cry out to Him, He will cleanse my heart and I will be able to see Him.

All of my obedience only contributes to my absolute need for His unimaginable love to pour in and cleanse my heart, in this moment.

Have you seen a little child in a department store or mall that has lost track of his mom or dad? Have you seen the panic in his eyes? For that child, Mommy or Daddy is the world, and safety and all provision.

In the same way, I need to be learning to be always aware of my need for the presence of God to give me what I need in this moment. Then I will be depending on Him for the pure heart that can see Him.

If I am a disciple of Jesus I must see that this is how he lived. Jesus himself says;

“Truly, truly, I say to you, The Son can do nothing of Himself but what He sees the Father do. For whatever things He does, these also the Son does likewise.” (John 5:10)
And so, I must live in the same way, looking to God in all things, at all times.


No comments:

Post a Comment