Search This Blog

Friday, October 21, 2016

The Faith of a Little Child (Day 64)

Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
In Exodus 33 & 34 there is a story about the man Moses, who actually saw the back parts of God. When he came down from the mountain, the children of Israel were afraid to look at him because his face did shine. This blessing says that the pure in heart will see God.

I can hardly think about this blessing without thinking of the story I told a few weeks ago about the little boy and his mother. I will repeat it because it is beautiful.

Son: Did you know that if you look God in the eye, you can go in the deep end of the pool and you won't drown?
Mother: (feeling alarmed): Where did you hear that?!?
Son: Well, Jesus did it. He looked God in the eye and he walked on water. So that's what you do if you want to walk on water.

Adults are far too skeptical. We reason everything out based on empirical evidence. So how can we believe the wonderful things that the Word of God promises? Unless we take Jesus’ words seriously we will never know most of what God desires to do. Jesus says;

 Truly I say to you, “Unless you are converted and become as little children, you shall not enter into the kingdom of Heaven.” (Matthew 18:3)
Later on The apostle Paul writes;

But as it is written, "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard," nor has it entered into the heart of man, "the things which God has prepared for those who love Him." (1 Corinthians 2:9)
And Jesus did say;

Truly, truly, I say to you, He who believes on Me, the works that I do he shall do also, and greater works than these he shall do, because I go to My Father.  (John 14:12)
Don’t ask a 70-year-old theologian what these things mean ask a 7-year-old child.

God of Wonder, Father of Mercy open my eyes to the things you wish to do in and through me. Help me see clearly that I do not need to manipulate circumstances, but only work on the things your Word points out in my life. In Jesus lovely name and for His glory, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment