Search This Blog

Saturday, August 20, 2016

The Word of God is Revolutionary (day 2)

The Word of God is Revolutionary.

All around we can see those who triumph by the strength of men. Some by physical strength and some by force of will. Some are able to purchase power with money and others by clever arguments.
God’s Word points me in another direction, if I will be willing to do what it says. Probably one of the most revolutionary statements can be found in 1 Corinthians 1:18.

The Message of the cross is foolish to those who are headed for destruction! But we who are being saved know it is the very power of God.

I am extremely thankful for the message of redemption. Jesus died on the cross to save us, or buy us back from the penalty of sin and rebellion. But consider for a moment all of the passages which speak of “working out your salvation” of “be transformed,” and from Jesus, “if you love me keep my commandments.” There are many more if we take the time to look.

The message of the cross is the message that God has chosen to show each of us how to be victorious in a world full of strife. We can be victorious without strife. Now that is revolutionary!

Jesus and the apostles spoke often about this cross but they didn’t always call it by that name. Jesus said, “He who would be greatest, let him be the one who serves.” And Paul said, “Love suffers long and is kind.” As I look around in God’s Word I constantly see places where He commands me to lay down that thing called my life, in order to become one who can have His life within myself. Jesus is saying,

If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow Me. For whoever will save his life shall lose it, but whoever will lose his life for My sake, he shall save it.” (Luke 9:23-24)


Father in Heaven, help me to see in each situation that you are offering me an opportunity for more complete salvation, if I will choose to take up my cross and say, “Not my will, but yours be done, Oh Lord.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment