Search This Blog

Sunday, January 18, 2015

January 2015 Here I am

In January I seem to want to say, “This Year I…” But I don’t truly think I’m that big a deal. Rather I think I should say. Right now and probably for a season, I believe God wants me to think about the passage in Ephesians 6:10-18. How does this truly apply to my daily life?

In the very beginning I see my first problem (where I get it wrong). Be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. The human condition and especially my condition thinks that I can be strong by exercise and good nutrition. This applies spiritually as well as physically.

I have over the years gone on several diets to become a less rounded person. Some have been marginally successful and others not at all. In the end my desires were not changed and I coveted the foods I liked and that led me to giving up the “diet” in favor of my own lusts.

The truth is that physically and spiritually, on my own I am in a fallen and helpless condition. I must continually recognize and acknowledge that my own strength, wisdom and ability is not enough to live the life or be the person I was created and intended to be.

I must recognize that Jesus is the Lord not because he was God, but because, as a man just like me he overcame all of the weaknesses and failures that separate all men from God by humbling himself in ALL situations and being obedient. He had to live the life he lived in constant awareness of his need for wisdom and strength from God.

This is my only hope for any real success in my daily life.

No comments:

Post a Comment