Search This Blog

Thursday, November 8, 2018

Under the Circumstances


As I look out my window, down the line of recreation vehicles, I see mostly trailers that are permanently here. This is Ohio. It’s getting cold, at 9:00 in the morning it has just climbed above freezing. My neighbors are working to stay warm and dry. I am working to hopefully keep warm and keep the pipes from freezing this winter. It’s supposed to get down into the 20-degree realm next week. Burr!

Thinking about my situation and thinking about my neighbors, it would be pretty easy to become discouraged. I don’t have a clue about how I can be a help and I am using most of my resources to prepare my own space. Under the circumstances, what can I do?

Last month a very special aunt passed away leaving a loving husband of many years and 2 grown children and 3 grown grandsons. Last week a very special friend passed into Glory leaving a wife with very limited resources and a grown daughter. Under the circumstances, what can they do?

Single mothers with way too much month left at the end of the money. A young mother of 2 rambunctious youngsters who is supposed to be on bed rest, while her husband is busy at work. Under the circumstances, what can they do.

This morning I thought about these things and wondered. As I wondered the thought came to me, “what is the truth that you believe?” And so, I began to write the things that I believe to be true.

I believe in one true and loving God who created and maintains all things by the word of his power. I believe he has created me, in his own image, to be a glory to him. I believe in Jesus Christ, His only begotten son, who lived the perfect life of unity with his Father to show us how to live in this body. He also died on a cross to ransom or redeem all of us from the power of sin so we could live our lives abundantly in every circumstance.

I wrote several other things that I believe. I wrote things that are encouraging that I believe. Under the circumstances I have hope and I am encouraged.

What do you believe? What is the truth that will keep you moving forward, under the circumstances?

It’s something to think about, and maybe to write down so you can read it out loud to yourself.

Be Faithful.


No comments:

Post a Comment