Search This Blog

Friday, December 4, 2020

Eager to Enter the Kingdom?

 

"The Law and the Prophets were until John; since then the good news of the kingdom of God is preached, and everyone forces his way into it.”

I came across these words of Jesus in Luke 16:16 this morning and it caused me to wonder how many actually are forcing their way into the kingdom of God. In the New Living Translation, “it says everyone is eager to get in.”

I think of times when I was pretty young and I was going to go hunting or fishing with my dad. I was up and dressed by 5:00 in the morning with no complaining. One time, while Jeannie and I were traveling, it was the last leg of our trip and we woke up at 3:00 and couldn’t get back to sleep. We were eager to get there.

Is everyone really eager to get into the kingdom of God. Are you eager enough to get up a little early to meet with God before you head off for your day? What are you truly eager for?

No comments:

Post a Comment