Search This Blog

Sunday, October 8, 2017

Can We Agree Here

Last night as my wife and I were in bed, after we had prayed, I lay thinking about the things I’ve heard lately and the thought came to me. There are a lot of things that are unclear in the Bible. There are a lot of questions that men find to argue about. Look at all the different denominations and even divisions within denominations. Think of what makes your church right and your neighbors church not so right; things like baptism, communion, what happens when we die. All of these things men have parted company about at different times and sometimes with very strong and not loving feelings and words.

These questions are often truly difficult if not impossible to prove empirically. But as I was thinking about these things, a verse came to my mind that a precious brother shared several times in small meetings.

Grace and peace be multiplied to you through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, according as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who has called us to glory and virtue, through which He has given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, so that by these you might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. (2 Peter 1:2-4)

There are so many things that we could disagree about, but here I see something that I need to give very serious attention.

God has given us all things, think of that ALL THINGS that pertain to life and godliness. There is nothing lacking; Not in what God has provided. What is lacking is my accepting and taking what God has provided.

How do I do that?

Through the knowledge that I can have through the Bible and by the Spirit of God, about God and about Jesus. Simply follow Jesus.


God calls us to glory and virtue so we can become those who live by divine nature and overcome the corruption that is in the world because of lust. 


No comments:

Post a Comment