Search This Blog

Friday, November 25, 2016

A Place where Peace is (day 71)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the sons of God
In every city, there is at least one place where there is peace. Neighbors do not quarrel and fuss, those of different religions don’t argue and democrats and republicans never have a cross word to share. That place is of course, the cemetery.

The reason for the peace is obviously because everyone is dead. In order to bring peace there are many things that must be dead in me.

One of the first things that I must die to is judging. this is not an easy thing to do. There will be people and circumstances that violate my core beliefs. I cannot judge them if I desire to be one who brings peace. I may need to not be close friends with these people, but I must not judge them. I find this is a problem for me especially when it comes to beliefs. But it is still an absolute. Jesus says, “Judge not lest ye be judged, for with the same measure you meet it shall be measured to you again.”

Another thing that must die in me in order to be a peace maker is all gossip. It may be necessary for me to not be around certain people because of differences that for me are essential, but any explanation beyond, “We have areas where we can’t agree,” is gossip. To discuss those differences with anyone other than the person or persons involved, or God, is gossip.

Where there is no wood, the fire goes out; and where there is no talebearer, the fighting ceases. (Proverbs 26:20) 

If I wish to be a peacemaker all evil speaking must die. It must die before it reaches my lips. All negative comments must die. This is extremely difficult, but it is possible.

So then let us pursue the things of peace, and the things for building up one another. (Romans 14:19)

Thank you, dear Father, for showing me things that I must put to death in my flesh if I am to be a peacemaker. These things are too great for me, but your grace is sufficient and your Spirit is present to help. All praise and glory to your name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment