Search This Blog

Friday, April 12, 2013

One liners

From time to time I will send out little thoughts to some of my friends.  I do this by text message.  I thought I would put these in a blog so others who come here that I don't know might also benefit.  I will show the date originally posted just to separate the thoughts. 

06/23/11
"Our Father who art in heaven" I am often amazed that we are encouraged to call the creator of everything by such a familiar name.
06/26/11
A soldier always knows who he is, when he is in uniform. If I have put on the armour of God I too should be aware of who I am (Eph. 6:13-17)
06/28/11
King David said "Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil." I must put my hope and trust in God my loving Father always.
07/01/11
The purpose of the commandment is cherity from a pure heart, and from a healthy conscience and from a faith that is genuine. (I Tim. 1:5)
07/06/11
Get to know Jesus.  Read in the Gospels every day. Read to become familiar with him and the people around him.  Grace and Peace to you.
07/11/11
If I am suppose to follow in Jesus footsteps, I need the power he had. The only way to get that power is by total surrender to the father.  Just like Jesus.
07/12/11
The Jews call themselves the children of Abraham. Those who receive Jesus, receive the power to become the Children of God.  Think about that. (John 1:12)
07/14/11
Noah worked 100 years building a box that could have held 189 tractor trailers.  How quickly do I get discouraged, doing what God has told me to do? (Heb. 4:16)
07/21/11
God knows everything! God loves me & only wants the very best for me! God's way and will is always the very best for me to choose. ALWAYS!!
07/26/11
He who has my commandments & keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me shall be loved by my father. And I will love him & will reveal myself to him. (Jn 14:21)
07/28/11
How I respond in difficulties tells more about what I really believe than anything I could say or write.
07/30/11
Grace: The desire and ability to do God's will. (Bill Gothard; IBYC) God gives grace to the humble. (Js. 5:5) Look at them together.
08/01/11
Pride that knows how to improve my current situation stands blocking the path to the blessings God has for me here.
08/02/11
Repentance: One of God's best gifts, is the desire and ability to turn from my foolish way and persue his perfect way.
08/07/11
As I am with others today, my hope is to think of them and their needs, to see if there is any way I can encourage them to be more loving and just better people.
08/09/11
I John 2:1a; My little children, these things I write to you so that you may not sin.  That is just as exciting and the second part of this verse.  Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment