Search This Blog

Monday, March 25, 2019

Are We Following?


Jesus is the Prince of Peace.

Why is it that so many “Christians” believe it is their duty to slander people that they don’t agree with? Why do “Christians” feel that they must emphasize the sins of people who believe differently? Why must “Christians” condemn people who live different lifestyles.

Can we not find the log in our own eye? (Matt 7:3-5)

I believe that Jesus came into the world to save sinners. I am thankful, because that is the group that includes me.

The life of a disciple of Jesus is full of mystery. There is the mystery of being born again. No one can convincingly describe what happens or when it happens, but it is something that God does for us when we humble ourselves before Him. It’s a mystery. There is the mystery of baptism and the filling of the Holy Spirit of God. Christians have disagreed about these things for a long time and no one knows exactly what they mean. It’s a mystery. The Lord’s Supper, Communion, The Eucharist is a great mystery. And Prayer is another mystery. These are all mysteries.

“For now, we see as through a glass, darkly…”

We slander, point and condemn people outside our little circles and within our little circles we cannot even agree. How can we say we are following the prince of peace?

It seems to me that if I love as Jesus loved, humbling myself below all others (Philip. 2:3), if I love my neighbor as myself, If I love my enemy, THEN I will be following Jesus.

Everything else is rebelliousness, which is witchcraft (1 Sam 15:23) and stubbornness which is iniquity or sin.

Let us repent and follow the Prince of Peace.

1 comment: