Search This Blog

Saturday, June 16, 2018

5 Questions


Here I am in Springfield, Ohio looking for a church home. I had a meeting with one ‘pastor’ and I asked him 5 questions. I didn’t think these were particularly antagonistic questions, especially for someone that I am thinking of trusting with my spiritual guidance.

Of course, I have some idea of what I think the answer to these questions should be. But I cannot expect anyone else to come to the same conclusions that I have. My wife has been with me for 50 years and she doesn’t see everything the same as I do (very smart lady), so it would be very unreasonable to expect anyone else to see as I see.

The point of the questions is not to find agreement or to argue but to identify common ground.

So here are the questions that I would like to get an answer for. Is anyone willing to respond?

1.    What is the Gospel as you understand it?
2.    What is your Hope and why? (1 Peter 3:15)
3.    What does discipleship mean to you? (Matthew 28:18-20)
4.    What are 3 important functions of a pastor?
5.    Please say something about Hebrews 10:19-24.

Ok, I may have slipped an extra one in there.

So, if you are not a pastor or church leader of some sort I have a question for you.

1.    Are these unreasonable questions to ask of church leaders?

No comments:

Post a Comment