Search This Blog

Thursday, March 8, 2018

The Gospel of Peace


Recently I have been hearing a lot about being a peacemaker and about finding ways to share the Gospel message. Often when I see and hear others trying share the Gospel, it seems that it has little to do with peace. It seems to have more to do with convincing others, overwhelming them, to change their mind with clever and irresistible arguments.

I long to be able to share the wonderful good news that I am experiencing as one who has received and is receiving the new life that our Father pours out on those who come to Jesus for a new birth. I regularly see new areas to grow and change to become more like Jesus. This is an exciting life, a wonderful life.

As I look around myself I see people everywhere who are satisfied with seeking earthly pleasures or seem content with a religion that is little more than a get out of Hell card and some good works.

Earthly pleasures are expensive and the toys depreciate faster than you can pay them off. In the end you are left with a shiny trinket that no longer gives you any pleasure but you have to maintain it to get anything out of it. Religion for religion’s sake works the same way, sort of. The longer you work it the more meaningless it becomes and then it is drudgery that you must continue because you don’t want to go to Hell.

Today as I think about the people who are trapped in this labyrinth of despair I think of the Jesus words in Matthew 9:36

But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion for them, because they were distressed and scattered, as sheep not having a shepherd.
I have found a life that is full and rich with joy and peace. I long to share it but it seems no one is interested. In my heart I am reminded of what Jesus is saying in Matthew 5:8

Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
I am praying for that pure heart that can see the image of the living God in each individual, so that I can speak to that image, or touch that image in some way and draw them to where they can see a better life; a wonderful life.


No comments:

Post a Comment