Search This Blog

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Inappropriate Behavior

My youngest grandson may be the smartest almost 3-year-old in the world. The other day my son was telling me that Finn is learning about inappropriate behavior. Really! When Finn starts to have a tantrum Ben just explains that that is not the best way to express himself when he is unhappy. It is inappropriate behavior.

As I am learning to be a disciple of Jesus, I see that there is a lot of inappropriate behavior that I have been willing to overlook in my own life. Right now, that seems to revolve around judging.

Judging is a lot more subtle than I have realized and I am much more inclined to judge that I ever dreamed.

Judging is at the very heart of all sin. Satan said
For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. Genesis 3:5

You will be able to JUDGE.

Let’s see how that works.

God’s word says we should do this or that, but I judge that for me the other thing is better.

The way I read God’s Word I understand that we should be doing this or that, but someone else believes that God’s Word says to do something else, so I judge that they are wrong and pronounce judgement in the way I talk about them.

I see someone involved in what is generally called sinful behavior, so I judge them and shun them and speak badly about them.

Is this how Jesus responded to the woman at the well, or the woman caught in adultery, or the thief on the cross?

God is the righteous judge, Getting up in His chair is inappropriate behavior.


Let us each one grow in faithfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment