Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Vision

This morning I woke up thinking of the verse in Proverbs 29:18. The first part is very familiar to many. In the King James it says;


“Where there is no vision the people perish.”

I didn’t remember the reference and had to look it up. Later I looked at it in the NIV and it is a little different. It says;

“Where there is no revelation the people cast off restraint.”

In the last several months I have been working with a friend to write a book about his success in losing weight. One of the main things I see as I look at Mike’s success is how success began to be experienced when Mike saw the possibility for success on the program “The Biggest Loser.” My success began when I saw Mike having success. I found the inspiration to do what I needed to do to have success.

Doing what I need to do is simply obeying the laws that do govern life. In the case of weight loss, it is simply eat less and exercise. There are laws that govern every area of life. They are not complicated but they are absolute.

This is how the story went, Mike saw the contestants on “The Biggest Loser” being successful and saw that he could be successful also. I saw Mike and believed I could also be successful. And to the degree that I have applied the simple laws to my own life I have had success.

In the same way, Jesus came and lived among men, as a man, obeying the laws of God. He trusted God his father in all situations and obeyed always.

Hebrews 1:9 says; “He loved righteousness and hated iniquity, therefore God anointed him with the oil of gladness (joy) more than all his brothers.” One brother said it simply, “Jesus was the happiest man that ever lived.”

Jesus came to be the vision or revelation of the life that we can live by trusting and obeying the laws of God by faith.

Then we also can experience the end of the verse in Proverbs 29:18;

“…he that keeps the law, happy is he.”

1 comment:

  1. oh what a timely Blessing!!Rick thank you for serving God... as to inspiration brings a hope for success, you are a great example!! Praise God for you!! Thank you btw ~Kori

    ReplyDelete