Search This Blog

Sunday, March 28, 2010

It Really Works

I just need to share. 
The other night Jeannie and I were talking about financial stuff.  We are working to get things in this area cleaned up.  Anyhow someone was calling and harassing her.  I got instantly enraged.  She got me to calm down, but only in what I was saying.  Later I was getting ready for bed and I usually have communion before I go to bed.  That night I looked at the bread and the cup and even though everything was ready and I had read a scripture, I couldn't touch it. I was still angry and even angry about old stuff.  I just left everything where it was and went to bed. 

As I lay in bed The Blessings came to mind.  Thank God!  I have mentioned how the meditation on the first 7 blessings is a tremendous help.  Well as I lay there I began going through them one at a time and spending a little time with each one.  Letting each one work on me.  By the time I got to the end, my spirit was at rest and I got back out of bed and was able to recieve the rememberance of my Lords Love. 

Psalms 1:1-2
Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stand in the way with sinners, nor sit in the seat of the scoffer.  But his delight is in the Law of the Lord, and in his law does he meditate day and night. 

Please memorize and meditate on God's Word It will have a good effect on you. 
Be Faithful
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment